Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Week 8: Thing 18

I explored Zoho writer today and created a simple document I use to track our mile runs. This is a very easy site to use and would be great for students to track different things for a class. Also, if you create the group email it may be beneficial to send info as well. The document I created is one I give to my students to keep in their PE folder and turn in every quarter. I find it not only helps them see progress but also keeps them accountable.
(I tried to publish my document to my blog but where it asks for the user name and pswd it keeps telling me I am not recognized...ugh!)
Also, watching the You Tube video for Google sites is interesting. I can't believe all the things that are available online now. It is truly amazing. I am going to have a hard time after this class deciphering which tools to use for my class and which to skip. There are so many options for ways to enhance my class and I am finding a lot of what I have wanted to do in the past I was unable due to not having a classroom. Now, with some creativity, I can accomplish some of these task with my students if I utilize technology! It is very exciting!

No comments: